CENTER FOR VOLUNTEERISM & ACADEMIC DEVELOPMENT (CVAD)
In a national context, organization of the volunteering service was started only after 1926. Still various types of national and international volunteering activities are in practice in Nepal. Nepal Government makes an action for the better and effective mobilization of the volunteers in the service delivery, even though could not be implemented properly. In this regard the NEPHA has decided by executive committee to enhance this action through public health and social mobilization of health related field. Still now, Nepal has been facing various types of public health problem as triple burden of disease (Communicable, non-communicable and social disease). Without any planned action, however, every academic institution spent millions of dollars for providing different types of service, but no effective change but only rusting of resources.
Center for Volunteerism & Public Health Action, a part of the NEPHA of Student involvement, fosters health promotion commitments to service and civic action by engaging students and communities in hands-on learning and transformation of an experiences that educate and develop leaders capable of creating positive change for the common good.
Universities or institutions working in Nepal as constitute academia or gives an affiliation to different colleges to run the different stream of health sciences programme. Primarily, the CVPHA keeps an aim to inevitable participate the students under volunteerism action that could help to develop the realization of social service through health right approach.
Principle of CVAD Programme
1. Boost Volunteerism Morale and professionalism in volunteering
2. Create a sense of belonging and realization of service thought
3. Make a difference in your community
4. Participation and coordination for collaborative public health action
5. Academic promotion through evidence practice
6. Public health right and their implementing action
Goals of CVAD Programme
- Assist students, faculty, and staff in finding ways to serve in the community.
- Help to promote the academic and professional activities
- Build strong collaborative relationships between the NEPHA, institution and the community.
- Provide support and training to students who wish to develop their leadership skills.
- Provide opportunities for students to plan service projects and to participate in social activism.
- Mobilize the volunteer during the epidemics and disaster with coordination to different organization
• Develop increase self awareness, clarifying values, purpose and perspective.
• Demonstrate personal and social responsibility. Become active, engaged citizens during and after their academic career.
• Engage in critical and creative thinking, in exploring and working to solve real public health challenges
• Develop leadership and team-based skills and competence.
• Identify, and understand, the systemic causes of social health injustices.
• Develop commitment and respect for diversity and diverse perspectives
• Facilitate positive public and social health change locally, regionally, nationally and globally.
• Understand, explore and identify issues facing local, regional, national and global communities.
• NEPHA will develop the volunteer action regulation
• Database of the volunteer in central level
• Participating in the different public health day and relay
• NEPHA will provide different training to the volunteers
• NEPHA will provide fellowship, award and recognitionTypes of volunteers in NEPHA
1. Governance Volunteer:
Volunteers of Executive Committees of all level involved in management, coordination and resource generation
2. Institution based Public Health Volunteer:
This type of volunteer if most important and backbone of NEPHA. Those volunteers involved in different programme by NEPHA or they could organize themselves. This volunteers are developed based on institution. The programme organize themselves is very pride of them in lieu of increase their organization collaborative effect and enhance leadership skill. The above training will be provided to them
3. NEPHA Volunteer:
Volunteers passing or running last year of academic could work in NEPHA office as volunteer to develop their skills. This type of volunteers have a right to develop and planning different types of programme by themselves and implementation where it necessary.
4. Public Health Intern:
Public health intern are as same like to NEPHA volunteers but they get some monitory benefit in terms of transportation and launch box. NEPHA will give more intense to serve volunteerism for public health development and is priority activities of NEPHA. Volunteers have a right to develop different public health activities and innovation. Along they able to get chance to bring to themselves with public health network through different activities and showing their abilities among community worth fully.
Opportunity for volunteers
• Able to get different training
• Able to manage the programme in low cost setting
• Skill enhance on public health programme
• Able to get certification
Are you want join as volunteer
If yes please
ACADEMIC DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES
NEPHA Will promote the public health activities through different dialogue, activities, publishing the books and many more.